The San Diego Natural History Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Director of Museum Events
The Director of Museum Events directs the sales and marketing of the Museum as an events venue. The Director oversees all departmental functions including the special events department budget, reports, and supervises the Event Coordinator and on-site events staff. This position works closely with the Institutional Advancement team to manage the annual fundraising gala. This position is full-time and reports to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years special events experience, preferably with a non-profit or museum.
- Proven track record of facility usage sales and marketing.
- Exemplary customer service skills and a strong sales focus.
- Expert knowledge of event scheduling, production and administration.
- Experience running fundraising galas.
- Must have rigorous attention to detail, ability to manage multiple deadlines, excellent organizational abilities, budgetary and supervisory experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, with people at all levels of an organization.
- Proficiency in computer applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Database experience required, Raiser’s Edge experience a plus.
- Ability to work late nights and weekends.
Qualified applicants, please send your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations to email@example.com. No phone calls or drop in visits.