Fossil Mysteries , a highly interactive exhibition, explores big themes in science: evolution, extinction, ecology, and Earth processes. Abundant fossils, models, murals, and dioramas offer unique multi-sensory experiences. You'll see the world—past and present—in a whole new way.
- Look at and touch real fossils and rocks—the clues to solve countless mysteries.
- Assemble a story about a dinosaur's life, death, burial, and discovery.
- Examine and identify microfossils.
- Move like an animal or build an animal!
- Make the Earth change shape by moving interactive models.
- Imagine prehistoric plants and animals that lived in southern California and Baja California.
- Find survivors of the past.
Ponder mysteries such as:
- Where are the dinosaurs in our region?
- How did prehistoric animals evolve?
- How did they live, move, and interact?
- What did they eat?
- How did our region take shape?
- How did mass extinction reset the world stage?
- Why did some animals become extinct?
- How do fossils relate to our lives today?