The exhibit themes are presented through models, photos, illustrations, text, discovery boxes, and giant robotic reptiles.
What is a Reptile?
- Members of the Class Reptilia have many features in common. What are they?
- Who is included in the Class Reptilia? You may be surprised.
- Some animals appear to have things in common with reptiles. Are they reptiles?
- Who were the reptile's ancestors?
- How are reptiles different from amphibians?
- Reptiles once ruled the world. Who, when, and why?
- A few groups of ancient reptiles survive today. Who are they?
Reptiles: Inside and Out
- Study and compare the anatomy of the surviving reptile groups.
- Learn how reptiles have adapted to a wide variety of environments.
- See how reptiles eat and avoid being eaten.
Reptiles and People
- Reptiles have fascinated people for millennia. Learn how reptile symbolism has been featured in stories from around the world.
- Reptiles are often misunderstood. Explore myths about their danger to humans.
- We all can help protect reptiles and their habitat. Suggestions for simple actions are provided.
The goal of this exhibit is to promote knowledge, an appreciation of reptiles and a desire to promote the preservation of these often misunderstood creatures -- the REPTILES!
Teachers Guide | Reptiles! Real and Robotic