After a designated time the students switch readers and scorers.
Definitions for DINO ZIP
1. ADAPTATIONphysical structures, characteristics or behaviors that allow an organism to survive and reproduce in its particular environment.
2. ALL CONTINENTSContinents where dinosaurs have been found.
3. BIPEDa word that means walking on two feet.
4. BIRDSanimals thought to be dinosaurs' closest living relatives.
5. BRACHIa root word that means arm.
6. BRACHIOSAURUSa dinosaur that had front legs longer than the rear legs.
7. CARNIVOREan animal that eats meat.
8. CERATOSAURUSa carnivorous dinosaur with a horn above its nose.
9. CRETACEOUSthe last and final period of the Mesozoic Era.
10. DINOa root word that means terrible.
11. DIPLODOCIDSdinosaurs which were probably the longest.
12. EXTINCTIONthe complete disappearance of a type of organism.
13. FOSSILthe preserved remains of an organism that once lived.
14. FRANCEwhere dinosaur egg shell pieces were found in the mid-1800s.
15. HADROSAURscience name for the duck-billed dinosaurs.
16. HERBIVOREan animal that eats plants.
17. HERDINGmoving together as a group which may be a means of protection.
18. IGUANODONthe first dinosaur to be discovered.
19. JURASSICthe middle time period of the Mesozoic Era.
20. MANTELL, MARY ANNdiscoverer of the first Iguanodon remains.
21. MARSH, O.C. & COPE, E.D.two famous 19th century American dinosaur hunters.
22. MEGALOSAURUSsecond type of dinosaur to be discovered.
23. MESOZOICthe era of Earth's history dominated by the dinosaurs.
24. MONTANAwhere Maiasaurus eggs were found.
25. ODONa root word that means tooth.
26. ORNITHISCHIAscience word that means bird-hip.
27. OWEN, RICHARDthe person who coined the name "dinosaur."
28. PACHYCEPHALOSAURUSa dinosaur that has a thick, bony skull.
29. PALEONTOLOGISTa person that studies fossils.
30. QUADRUPEDan animal that walks on four feet.
31. SAURUSa root word that means lizard.
32. SAURISCHIAscience word that means lizard-hip.
33. SPINOSAURUSa dinosaur that had a sail on its back.
34. TOESthe part of the foot that dinosaurs walked on.
35. TRIASSICthe first (earliest) period of the Mesozoic Era.
Back to Activities
Teacher's Guide | Dinosaurs of the Jurassic Park |